Student Support Services
Student learning at Auckland Girls' Grammar School is enhanced by the range of support services. Students are supported in all aspects of their school life by a network of dedicated teachers and guidance staff.
Student Support Services include:
- A form teacher for every class.
- A Dean for each level who supports the form teachers and is responsible for providing course guidance, placing students in classes and providing on-going pastoral care.
- Two Guidance Counsellors, Mrs Toesulu Brown and Ms Louise Lansdown are available to provide support and guidance for students.A registered nurse runs the Health Centre (8.30 am to 4.00 pm).
- A physiotherapist is based at the school for two hours a day. Appointments are made by the Nurse.
- Careers advisor Maggie Hames provides expert advice and career guidance to students. A Resource Teacher Learning and Behaviour (RTLB) works with students identified as needing extra support with aspects of their learning and classroom behaviour.
- Fiona Larsen , Learning Support Coordinator, provides support and guidance to students with special needs.Esther Graham and Fiona Larsen provide support to students with special abilities/talents. Associate Principal Di Hatch works closely with all the staff who provide student support.
All of these people are happy to speak with parents who have queries or concerns. If you are not able to make direct phone contact with them, the school office will take messages.