Student Support Services
Student learning at Auckland Girls' Grammar School is enhanced by the range of support services. Students are supported in all aspects of their school life by a network of dedicated teachers and guidance staff.
Student Support Services include:
- A form teacher for every class.
- A Dean for each level who supports the form teachers and is responsible for providing course guidance, placing students in classes and providing on-going pastoral care.
- Ms Robyn Yee is our Guidance Counsellor. She is available to provide support and guidance for students. Two registered nurses run the Health Centre (8.00 a.m. to 4.00 pm).
- A physiotherapy service is provided and students can make appointments directly at the physiotherapy room.
- Careers advisor Maggie Hames provides expert advice and career guidance to students. A Resource Teacher Learning and Behaviour (RTLB) works with students identified as needing extra support with aspects of their learning and classroom behaviour.
- Fiona Larsen, Learning Support Coordinator, provides support and guidance to students with special needs. Briar Hale, Jean Fletcher and Fiona Larsen provide support to students with special abilities/talents. Associate Principal Di Hatch works closely with all the staff who provide student support.
All of these people are happy to speak with parents who have queries or concerns. If you are not able to make direct phone contact with them, the school office will take messages.