Educated at Auckland Girls' Equipped for the World
"As one of the first secondary schools to be established in New Zealand, Auckland Girls' Grammar School has been educating young women since 1888. Our tradition of academic, sporting and cultural excellence, where students aim high and find success within their reach, has continued for more than a century.
Auckland Girls is an exciting and vibrant school. It is hugely diverse, with students representing over 60 different cultures. Our 1400+ students have access to a wide range of subjects, co-curricular activities and excellent facilities. Our teachers are highly qualified and committed to providing the best possible education to all of our students. We work hard to ensure that our students gain the highest qualifications they can. We encourage them to develop a love of learning and a zest for living, and prepare them to fit comfortably into our bi-cultural, multi-ethnic society.
We offer a balanced academic, social, physical and cultural education so that all our students can grow into strong, skilled, caring and self-reliant young women.
Our students will leave school knowing that they have been offered the best possible opportunities to succeed in whatever path they choose. They will continue to live by our school values: Pride, Respect, Integrity, Diligence and Empathy".
We proudly offer:
- A TRADITION, begun in 1888, of academic, sporting and cultural excellence where students are encouraged to aim high and find success within their reach.
- A COMMITMENT to foster independent thinkers and a life-long love of learning.
- A safe, disciplined and friendly ATMOSPHERE where students are expected to work hard, respect themselves and others, make life-long friends and have fun.
- Talented, committed TEACHERS, an innovative curriculum, modern learning resources and pleasant facilities.
- The OPPORTUNITY to belong comfortably, confidently and naturally to a community that is a mix of all the different groups that make up New Zealand society.