Academic Programme and Achievement
Auckland Girls' Grammar School prepares students for studying at University and other tertiary institutions. Our wide range of academic and vocational courses enable our students to achieve excellent results in the national qualification assessments and examinations.
International Academic Prizewinners
We offer a wide range of courses from the following learning areas:
- The Arts (Music, Drama, Fine Arts and Photography)
- English and ESOL
- Languages (French, Japanese, Samoan and Maori)
- Mathematics & Accounting
- Science (Chemistry, Biology and Physics)
- Social Sciences (History, Geography, Philosophy, Tourism, Economics and Classical Studies)
- Physical Education
- Technology (Food, Textiles, Computing, Design & Visual Communication)
English Language Assistance (ESOL)
We offer a full range of English classes at every level from beginners to those studying reading and writing for University study. This is included in the tuition fee.
Student Support Services
The Dean of International Students and the International Director are available to help with any problems students may have at school or at home. The school also employs two fully trained guidance counsellors, 3 registered nurses, a doctor and a careers advisor.
We offer a wide range of cultural activities:
- Cultural Groups - from most cultures represented at our school
- Sports - We offer a full range of team and individual sporting activities (Auckland Girls' Grammar School holds NZ and Auckland titles in several sports).